At U.S. Trust, we have a long and rich history of helping clients achieve their own unique objectives. Since 1853, we've been committed to listening, building long-term relationships, and helping individuals and their families realize the opportunities they create for themselves, their children, businesses, communities and future generations.
A few of our milestones include:
- 1853: U.S. Trust becomes the first company in the nation to transact the business of a trust institution.
- 1880: U.S. Trust serves as Corporate Trustee for the Panama Canal
- 1906: Bank of Italy, today known as Bank of America, provides loans to citizens of San Francisco to rebuild after the earthquake.
- 1998: NationsBank aquires BankAmerica Corp to create the first coast-to-coast retail banking franchise - Bank of America
- 2007: Bank of America acquires U.S. Trust