LEGACY OF BUILDING LEGACIES
When you work with us, you benefit from our long history of serving many types of clients, from families managing wealth across multiple generations to business owners, entrepreneurs and other creators of first-generation wealth. We can advise you and help create and implement highly personalized strategies.
- Preserving your wealth
- Helping you build a legacy
- Sharing your wealth with the next generation
- Planning for growth and succession in your private business
- Supporting charitable causes that are important to you
U.S. Trust has long been held to – and continues to observe with pride – the highest standard of care when dealing with our clients and their wealth – serving as a fiduciary. Whether we are managing your portfolio, administering a trust, or assisting you in developing a wealth plan to guide you and your family, our focus is what best meets your objectives and expectations.
Our History and Heritage
At U.S. Trust, we have a long and rich history of helping clients achieve their own unique objectives. Since 1853, we've been committed to listening, building long-term relationships, and helping individuals and their families realize the opportunities they create for themselves, their children, businesses, communities and future generations.
A few of our milestones include:
- 1853: U.S. Trust becomes the first company in the nation to transact the business of a trust institution.
- 1880: U.S. Trust serves as Corporate Trustee for the Panama Canal
- 1906: Bank of Italy, today known as Bank of America, provides loans to citizens of San Francisco to rebuild after the earthquake.
- 1998: NationsBank acquires BankAmerica Corp to create the first coast-to-coast retail banking franchise - Bank of America
- 2007: Bank of America acquires U.S. Trust
Bank of America, N.A. and U.S. Trust Company of Delaware (collectively the "Bank") do not serve in a fiduciary capacity with respect to all products or services. Fiduciary standards or fiduciary duties do not apply, for example, when the Bank is offering or providing credit solutions, banking, custody or brokerage products/services or referrals to other affiliates of the Bank.